With effect from 1st January 2018, the new national minimum wage rates will apply:
- An experienced adult worker: €9.55 per hour
- Over 19 and less than 2 years since their first job: €8.60 per hour.
- Over 18 and less than 1 year since they began their first job: €7.64 per hour.
- Aged under 18: €6.69 per hour
*For the purposes on the National Minimum Wage Act an experienced adult worker is an employee who is not:
- under the age of 18 years, or
- in the first two years after the date of first employment over age 18, or
- a trainee undergoing a course that satisfies specific conditions.